STEAMPUNK FIRE TONIC
STEAMPUNK FIRE TONIC
Steampunk Fire Tonic is an immune-boosting daily shot with antibacterial, antiviral, and antimicrobial properties. It can be taken as a preventive and also at the onset of colds or flu. All of that is true and it sounds great but it also sounds really sciency and doesn't really scratch the surface of this ancient elixir. Made with anti-inflammatory ingredients like fresh horseradish, turmeric root, ginger root, onions, garlic, lemongrass and habanero chilies. This fiery concoction has been revered for generations as a simple and effective remedy to relieve sinus congestion, ward off colds and flus, aid digestion, and increase circulation. Our Fire Tonic can be sipped neat on its own, mixed with other beverages, or used in cooking. It's especially useful to have fire cider on hand in cold weather.
WHAT IS STEAMPUNK FIRE TONIC?
Maybe you or a friend takes a spoon full of Raw Apple Cider Vinegar daily for probiotic health? Well this of SFT as the Incredible Hulk version of that. Made by steeping citrus, roots, chilies, onions, garlic and raw honey in raw apple cider vinegar. This once daily shot is also beneficial to the cardiovascular system. Several of the ingredients support optimal cardiovascular function and are used by many to treat high blood pressure and high cholesterol. It increases circulation and warms the body, and thus is valuable in cold winter temperatures and for those who frequently experience cold extremities.
WHY IS FIRE TONIC SO GOOD FOR ME?
- Fresh horseradish is known to be effective against the flu and common cold, tonsilitis, respiratory disorders, urinary tract infections, and pathenogenic fungus.
- Ginger is used to treat arthritis, muscle pain, upset stomach (motion and morning sickness and general nausea), gas, upper respiratory tract infections, and cough.
- Onions are used to boost cardiovascular health, and as an anti-inflammatory agent.
- Garlic is used to treat high blood pressure, high cholesterol, coronary heart disease, heart attack, atherosclerosis, asthma, building the immune system, help level blood sugar, and is used topically to treat fungal infections.
- Habanero peppers boost your metabolism, and offer headache, sinus, and arthritis relief as well as releasing endorphins.
- Oranges are great for heart health, as part of a best-case-scenario-anti-cancer-diet, fighting cholesterol, to help in weight loss, and to break up or prevent kidney stones.
- Lemons are known to aid in digestion, alleviate kidney stones, and ringing of the ears, cure scurvy (chronic lack of Vitamin C), treat colds and flu, improve the function of blood vessels, and reduce inflammation and retention of water.
- Turmeric is pretty much the be-all and end-all of health foods. It’s known to delay liver damage, alleviate arthritis symptoms and skin conditions. Advanced Experimental Medical Biology in 2007 states that, “Curcumin has been shown to exhibit antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, antiviral, antibacterial, antifungal, and anticancer activities and thus has a potential against various malignant diseases, diabetes, allergies, arthritis, Alzheimer’s disease and other chronic illnesses.”
- Raw Apple Cider Vinegar (not plain old cider vinegar!) is known to be a good source of acetic and ascorbic acid (Vitamin C), mineral salts, amino acids, and other key components of good nutrition, but it is also a well-loved folk remedy thought to ease digestion.
- Raw, Local Honey is a fantastic, all-natural fighter of seasonal allergies. Because bees collect pollen from flowers in your area and then convert it to honey to feed their hives, eating raw, local honey is like a tasty allergy shot. It’s also full of vitamins and minerals, anti-fungal, anti-viral, and makes a great, non-narcotic cough suppressant and throat soother.
Our good friends at Leonard Oakes Estate Winery make the best sparkling cider around and they call that sparkling cider "Steampunk Cider". That Steampunk cider is the base for our Raw Apple Cider Vinegar.
IVE SEEN OTHER "FIRE" VINEGAR DRINKS, WHAT MAKES YOURS SO SPECIAL?
One thing that separates Steampunk Fire Tonic from the rest is that we make our vinegar from scratch by secondary fermenting Leonard Oakes Estate Winery's "Steampunk Cider" into a raw, rich and deeply flavorful apple cider vinegar. A great final product can only come from great quality ingredients. We also only use fresh ingredients including fresh turmeric root.
DOES STEAMPUNK FIRE TONIC HAVE THE MOTHER?
Our Apple Cider Vinegar is never filtered. Bits and pieces of naturally occurring mother of vinegar will be present.
OK...HOW DO I DRINK IT?
SFT is a daily probiotic shot. We recommend one tablespoon a day. If we feel like we're getting sick, we'll do a full shot glass. If we're hungover, we might do a couple shots and chase them down with some water or juice. Some people find it pretty spicy but mixing it with water, tea or juice wont dilute the properties of the ingredients.
ARE THERE ANY OTHER THINGS I CAN DO WITH IT? COOK WITH IT?
If you want to keep the benefits of raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar and its components, keeping the tonic at room temperature is the way to go. Try a drizzle over cooked vegetables, or mixed into a salad dressing. If you just want to add some heat and flavor to a dish try tossing some chicken wings with it! For more information on how to use SFT drop us a line.